Community Home Care Gulgong
When Living at Home becomes a challenge
…and you need a little bit of help to remain living independently in your own home.
It’s never too early or too late to talk about help at home. Talking about getting some extra help doesn’t mean you can’t live an independent or active life.
Wenonah home care Gulgong, offers to levels of service for those people who would like to remain living independently in their own homes.
Wenonah Community Care can provide Commonwealth subsidised help with:
This is where Wenonah staff visit your home and help you with household jobs such as cleaning, vacuuming, changing linen on beds, washing windows and doing the laundry.
Staff can help with shopping, can go to appointments with you or just sit and have a cuppa and a chat. This is charged by the hour.
Social support also includes volunteer drivers who can drive you and from appointments, to the bank, to the post office or to visit friends around Gulgong
Our Social Club, the “Wenonah Wanderers” meet every Thursday. We visit local café’s for lunch a cuppa or a BBQ at our office or take the Wenonah bus to visit further afield.
Minor Home Maintenance
Our maintenance officer can do odd jobs in your home such as putting in handrails, changing out of reach light globes, install or check smoke detectors, put in weather strips or door seals, clean your gutters, remove rubbish, tap washers and the list goes on. All jobs from the front door to the back door.
We also engage contractors to mow your lawn or do some gardening for a small contribution
Meals on Wheels
Fresh cooked, home style meals & desserts or fresh salads are delivered to your door by our friendly volunteers. Our menu is changed monthly and our friendly staff will help you order what you want on the days that you want it up to 7 days a week.
Who Qualifies for Home Care?
You will need to be over 65 years old and be registered with MyAgedCare to access these subsided services.
Ring MyAgedCare to register on 1800 200 422.
If you would like help with the process ring Wenonah Community Care on 02 6374 2088
Wenonah Home Care Gulgong: Contact us now for more details
Home Care Packages
The types of services that you can purchase under a home care package include but are not limited to:
- Personal services: assistance with personal activities such as bathing, showering, toileting, dressing and undressing, mobility and communication
- Nutrition, hydration, meal preparation and diet: assistance with preparing meals or the delivery of Meals on Wheels
- Continence management: assistance in using continence aids and appliances such as disposable pads and absorbent aids, commode chairs, bedpans and urinals, catheter and urinary drainage appliances, and enemas
- Mobility and dexterity: providing crutches, quadruped walkers, walking frames, walking sticks, mechanical devices for lifting, bed rails, slide sheets, sheepskins, tri-pillows, pressure-relieving mattresses and assistance using these aids
- Nursing, allied health and therapy services: for example, this may include speech therapy, podiatry, occupational or physiotherapy services and other clinical services such as hearing and vision services
- Transport and personal assistance: assistance with shopping, visiting health practitioners and attending social activities
- Management of skin integrity: assistance with bandages, dressings and skin emollients.
A home care package may also support the use of:
- Telehealth: video conferencing and digital technology (including remote monitoring) to increase access to timely and appropriate care
- Assistive technology: such as devices that assist mobility, communication and personal safety
- Aids and equipment: particularly those that assist a person to perform daily living tasks can be purchased using funds from your package budget. Your Home Care Agreement needs to specify whether it is leased or who owns the item and who is responsible for ongoing maintenance and repair costs.